Through the Department of Modern Languages at the University of Southampton I was able to translate various texts ranging from marketing to basic medical documents.
In addition to translating on a part-time basis I completed my full-time studies in Spanish & Portuguese. My degree was multidisciplinary, incorporating studies in Translation, Interpreting, Literature, Cinema and History. Please see below a few examples of modules that I studied:
– Translation: Theory and Practice
– Public Service Interpreting
– Syntax: Studying Language Structure
– History and Politics of the Hispanic World
– Cultural Identity in the Portuguese speaking world
– Gender, Race and Nation in Modern Latin America
While studying Cinema and Philosophy at USFC (Brazil), I completed a 8,000 word dissertation in Portuguese titled “Gender Representation in Children’s Literature”.